Your shopping cart is empty.
Welcome to the official site of ALEXANDER CALIFOURNIA!
The Connecticut Art Gallery 2021 Artist Competition (9/5)
The CT Art Gallery 157 E Main St. Thomaston, CT
ArtiFex Art Fair (9/18)
Nomad's 100 Bidwell Rd. South Windsor, CT
Constitution Plaza Barbershop Mural
20 Kinsley St. Hartford, CT 06103
* Currently available for commissions *
Going Places Art Collective is an Artist-Based Community Group originally founded by Alex Ranniello, Matt Aloma, and Kim DiMilia. Formed in 2018, GoingPlaces started as our passion project composed of artists seeking a more connected community here in CT. The core mission of our Collective, is to unite and empower artists, performers, musicians, and craftsmen from across the Connecticut tri-state area. As an organization, our goal is to form & maintain strong fortified relationships and be an advocate for creatives (of all forms) here in Connecticut. We make great strides cultivating sustainable opportunities to offer the artists in our community.
How do we do it, you ask? Opportunity. Development. Empowerment.
1. Opportunity: As a collective, we coordinate and develop live local events. Through partnership with local businesses, organizations, and community groups we orchestrate these art shows, pop-ups, and festivals for the local community. These efforts bring live local music, performances, and visual art to the community accompanied by food & drink, local vendors, live activities, raffle auctions, and so much more!
2. Development: As an organization, we serve as project developers. Though our plethora of promotional materials, we tirelessly market & advertise public art initiatives across the state. We’re proud to lend a hand to Connecticut’s Office for the Arts, county-wide cultural councils, arts alliances/coalitions, local galleries, community organizations, local businesses, and other community groups. Furthermore, we cherish opportunities for partnership on local projects in our state.
3. Empowerment: Online, we serve our artists as advocates. Between events, we continue to empower and support artists by sharing news and opportunities throughout the calendar year on our social media and in our newsletter. Our team publishes weekly social media posts showcasing individual artists from our community.
In our first calendar year of operation (2019), we held three community art shows, with attendances exceeding over 500 people per event. Self-funded and grassroots, our debut show (April 2019) at K. Simon Center for the Arts amassed:
1. 16 local performing acts - consisting of musical groups, hip hop artists, and dancers.
2. Over 20 local artists & vendors - consisting of artwork on handmade skateboards, painting & drawing, photography, illustration, graphic arts, handmades, and beyond.
3. Showcased fine art of local professionals and college & high school students, and set up activities for the kids at our shows.
In addition to our shows we have been a part in The 2019 Queens Youth Music Festival (New York), The 2019 annual Old Wethersfield Arts & Crafts Fair, and SEEK Revolution Festival in Meriden, Connecticut.
Additionally, we have also been a part of Danbury’s In-View Public Art Project (2019) and in 2020, Co-Founder Alex Ranniello and two GoingPlaces artists served as jurors for The 2020 Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.
2021 and Beyond
Moving forward, we continue to strive in being local partners and advocates for the widespread artist culture here in Connecticut . A critical goal of ours is to bring different subcultures together that have artistic aspirations. To name a few, tattoo, skate, and brewery subcultures are sectors that Connecticut excels in and we want to serve them through our artist community by meeting to inspire one another. Many of our artists took different journeys to get involved in the arts. No matter what your skill level, past experience, and background is, we encourage those to make Art a part of their lives. Through Art, our possibilities are endless in being able to unite people in our community.
Be sure to check us out on Social Media as well!
GoingPlaces Art Collective
Artist Community | Based in Connecticut
𝙐𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 & 𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙞-𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙖
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.